Heights historical photo of the month
The view looking up the hill to Fairmount Boulevard from Cedar Road hasn't changed much since this photo was taken on a snowy day in 1919. The house, built by real estate developer Barton R. Deming in 1914, still stands today, though some adjoining structures are now gone. Also gone are the streetcar tracks running through the median. Bus service replaced the Fairmount Boulevard streetcar line in the late 1940s.
This photo was selected by the Cleveland Heights Historical Society, a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the diverse character and traditions of Cleveland Heights. For more information, and to view additional historical images, visit www.chhistory.org or www.facebook.com/clevelandheightshistorical.
Michael Rotman is the director of the Cleveland Heights Historical Society.